A few words
Getting your message through
What does tsujiru mean?
Tsujiru 通じる is a Japanese word that means “get your meaning through.” That is a struggle for all companies working in a foreign language.
Where English is a foreign language, such as in Japan, South Korea, and Taiwan, being understood in English is a major challenge.
Communicating your value and getting customers to take action is another challenge. Asian languages translated to English are often too formal and unnatural. To the reader, this feels cold. But you also can’t be too casual. The best approach is accurate, smooth language in a polite and engaging tone. This connects with potential buyers, gets them to engage with you, and leads to sales. That’s tsujiru.
Tsujiru writing and content customers are from:
- South Korea
- Hong Kong
- Other ASEAN countries
- Countries that do business with Asia
Dedicated to Asia, Sustainable Work, and Technology
Inside insight, outside insight
15+ years in Asia, MBA, MS, MA, certified editor
Asia is countless cultures and ways of thinking. It will soon be the hub of the world’s economy. But so many companies here can’t communicate in natural English or use effective English marketing. And they don’t even know it.
Meanwhile, new companies often have inexperienced leaders focused only on their business ideas. Foreign companies, for their part, struggle with language and culture.
I help them Asian and foreign companies get their message through, effectively. I’ll help you find your way into Asia and from Asia to the rest of the world.
Editing & Writing, IT, Health Science, Academia, NGOs
- Global content manager at Japanese SaaS firm
- Writer, editor for Asian & US companies
- Senior scientific language editor
- Translator (Japanese-to-English)
- Economic research editor
- Worked with Tokyo and Bangkok NGOs and UN
- Product & community manager in Silicon Vall
- MBA, Marketing
- MS, Health Sciences (public health)
- MISD (MA equivalent), International Social Development
- BA, Journalism
- Board-certified Editor in the Life Sciences (ELS)
- Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW)
Some Places I've Worked
How about you?
How can we make you communicate well with the entire world, or just part of it?